For the past year I’ve been compiling famous names to list on my name numerology website. These are all noted individuals, but who are the most famous? Today let’s count down the most famous men named Tom.
The most famous people (based on online chatter) with the first name Tom are:
10. Tom Riddle – Character in the Harry Potter books and movies who becomes Lord Voldemort
9. Tom Watson – PGA Golfer (Eight Major Championships)
8. Tom Welling – Actor (Smallville, Cheaper by the Dozen)
7. Tom Green – Actor and Comedian (Charlie’s Angels, Freddy Got Fingered, Stealing Harvard)
6. Tom Sawyer – Title character in Mark Twain’s novel The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
5. Tom Brady – NFL Quarterback of the New England Patriots
4. Tom Petty – Musician (Learning to Fly, Don’t Come Around Here No More, Don’t Do Me Like That)
3. Tom Jones – Musician (It’s Not Unusual, What’s New Pussycat?, She’s A Lady)
2. Tom Hanks – Actor (Cast Away, Forrest Gump, Philadelphia)
…and the most famous man named Tom is…
1. Tom Cruise – Actor (Risky Business, Mission: Impossible, Jerry Maguire)
Not making the top 10 were Tom Baker- Actor (Dr. Who), Tom Bosley – Actor (Happy Days, Murder She Wrote), Tom Brokaw – Television Journalist (NBC Nightly News), Tom Carvel – Founder of Carvell Ice Cream, Tom Colicchio – Chef and TV Panel Judge (Top Chef), Tom Daschle – Former U.S. Senate Majority Leader, Tom Kenny – Actor (SpongeBob SquarePants), Tom Kite – PGA Golfer (One U.S. Open Championship), Tom Landry – Former NFL Coach of the Dallas Cowboys, Tom Robbins – Author (Even Cowgirls Get the Blues, Still Life with Woodpecker, Jitterbug Perfume), Tom Selleck – Actor (Magnum P.I., Friends), Tom Sharpe – Author (The Gropes, Wilt Omnibus, Porterhouse Blue), Tom Snyder – Former Talk Show Host (The Tomorrow Show, The Late Late Show), Tom Stoppard – Playwright and Screenwriter (Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead, Brazil, Shakespeare in Love), Tom Wilkinson – Actor (Recount, John Adams, Michael Clayton), and Tom Wolfe – Author (The Bonfire of the Vanities, A Man in Full, The Right Stuff).
An excellent mix of occupations for the top ten Toms with two fictional characters (Sawyer and Riddle), two professional atheletes (Brady and Watson), two musicians (Jones and Petty), four actors (Cruise, Hanks, Green, and Welling).
I compiled this list by searching for each of the Toms on a number of search engines and ranking them by the number of web pages, discussion forums, photos, videos, etc that are available online. Get complete Numerology for the name Tom at www.NameNum.com.